Thursday, April 7, 2011

My "room" for the night

Well, I just got back from a long but very cool helicopter ride over the Himalayas and am sitting in my yurt that I rented for the night. And let me just tell you that everything about this place is awful! There's no electricity so I had to use my flashlight to solve the crosswords [today's was very cool--one clue has two answers that both work with the clues surrounding it--both Andrew Jackson and Andrew Johnson fit!]. And the bed . . . don't get me started about that! It feels like someone walked outside and pulled one of the rocks off Mt. Everest and stuck it in my yurt! And this yurt cost the equivalent of 300 dollars! The "continental breakfast" consisted of some stale bread that must have been bought 50 years ago! I can't wait to leave this place and fly back home to the United States!

No comments:

Post a Comment